We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day today. We had Thanksgiving with just the seven of us. I haven't cooked a Turkey dinner in 6 or 7 years. It's amazing how it all comes back to you! We did the traditional What are you Thankful for thing. My kids just don't know how to be serious. When it was Ethans turn, he stated he was thankful for Dads Eyeball. Who knows where that came from. But I guess we can be thankful for dads eyes, an unusual thing to be thankful for, but it'll work! The best part of the day was watching Ethan watch me prepare the Turkey. Here is how it went.
Ethan: What are you doing mom?
Mom: Getting the Turkey ready to put in the oven
Ethan: How did it get like that?
Mom: Well, someone had to kill it so we could eat it (not the best way I could have described it to my 3 year old!)
Ethan: Is that its butt?
Mom: Kind of.
Ethan: Yuck! Do we eat that?
Mom: No Ethan
Ethan: But why are you doing that, Chickens are so cute!
Mom: It's not a chicken, its a turkey.
Ethan: Well, Turkeys are cute too!
Mom: Well, that's what we eat on Thanksgiving.
Ethan: I do not want any (he was almost in tears!)
Mom: Why? It's the same as when I make you a turkey sandwich. This is how we get the turkey.
Ethan: Please mom, don't make me eat it, Please mom! (He said begging)
Mom: Fine, more for me!
I couldn't believe how disgusted he was with the whole process. He was so concerned when I was putting butter and seasonings under the skin, and when I was stuffing it with dressing. So I thought he would forget about it after 4 hours in the oven, but nope, he would not eat it. Is this how people become vegetarians?
6 days ago




3 comments:
woohoo, lots of new posts to look at! I think the story about Ethan is so funny--that is totally how people become vegetarians!
Heheheh, too funny, had me cracking up this morning. He's such a character!
That is too hilarious! Needed a good laugh...thanks! Glad to hear you had a great holiday. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! We need to have a family reunion so we can see you guys! Tell everyone hi from the Arizona Mowers!
Post a Comment